WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last Updated: September 2015
Fotofix.ie (“we“, “us” or “Fotofix.ie”), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our terms and conditions available on http://fotofix.ie/ (“our site”)) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the “Acts”), the data controller is Fotofix.ie, a sole trader operating from 8 Charlemont Parade, North Strand, Dublin 3.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect and process the following data:
- Information that is provided by any person filling in forms on our site.
- If any person contacts us via phone, email, post through our site or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that are accessed by users.
- LOG FILES
We may collect information about your computer and store this information in a log file. This data is stored solely for internal system-related purposes and to enable statistical analyses. The following data record will be saved in our log:
- your IP address (which uniquely identifies your computer);
- the remote host (name and IP address of the computer requesting the page);
- the time, the status and the volume of data transferred;
- the internet page from which you arrived at the requested page; and
- the product and version information of the browser used.
We store your IP address to prevent intrusions via the internet and to identify errors. We use the above information to determine which internet pages are particularly popular at what times and how much data volume is generated on them. The log files also enable us to identify possible errors, e.g. defective links or programming errors and therefore to use the log files to further develop our website. We do not link the page retrievals and uses stored in the server log with individuals. A link will only be made in relation to the storage of the IP address where this is required under law to combat abuse.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and we take the security of the data that we store seriously. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or to provide you with information about similar products or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also provide third parties with aggregate information about our users that does not identify them.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information may be disclosed in the following ways:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If ie or a substantial part of its assets are acquired by a third party personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ie, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where you give us permission to do so.
- USER RIGHTS
Users have the right to ask us not to process personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes (as appropriate) on the forms we use to collect user data. Users can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. You can also ask us to correct any data we hold about you that you think may be incorrect.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Acts give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Acts. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €6.35 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.