It’s really important that you provide us with the highest quality photograph so here are some tips if you are scanning your image:
- Before you start scanning, clean the scanner glass with a microfibre or other lint free cloth.
- Choose 600 dpi/ppi resolution (or higher if you’re planning to enlarge your image).
- Scan in 24bit colour, even if your image is black and white.
- Crop to the edge of your image and don’t include any unnecessary part of the scanner bed background.
- Turn off any auto adjustment settings – for example brightness/contrast, sharpness etc.
- Save your image as jpeg with the highest quality setting.
- Our image upload limit is 16mb so if your file size exceeds this, alternative options include using free services such as www.dropbox.com or www.wetransfer.com.
- If you are having any difficulties with scanning or sending us your image, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.